Anderson Engineering is offering a 1 year (Internship) for the position of designer/draughtsman. This position will be for our business based in Pietermaritzburg. This is a one year programme.
The ideal candidate will be someone with a strong work ethic that is willing to always go the extra mile. The work environment is fast paced, stimulating, and challenging and will require a candidate that is proactive, reliable, and passionate about developing solutions.
The Intern is responsible for:
- Draughting concepts, new designs and existing designs. Following this, produce a completing a full set of manufacturing drawings.
- Drawing within the allowed budget time the project team has given and tracking costs all the way through the design phase of a project after compiling bill of materials.
- Plan a full set of drawings, allocate deadlines to each, and is responsible for meeting all deadlines.
- Interacting with the fabrication team to ensure the drawings are understood. This is to ensure the final product is fabricated to the desired scope of work and functionality.
- At times it will be required to go to site and sketch up equipment and take a full set of dimensions. From that, compile a full bill of quantity. It will also require customer interaction.
- Ensuring projects are filed logically and as per procedure during and after projects.
- Ensuring drawing and standard component libraries are kept neat and functional at all times and design considerations are documented and filed into the correct project.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Engineering diploma / degree
- Previous experience and a proven track record as a designer/draughtsman will be advantageous.
- Computer literacy (MS Office, AutoCAD, Inventor or similar) is essential.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Analytically minded with an accurate, precise approach
- Able to work independently with attention to detail.
- Able to organise workload, adapt quickly to change and be able to deliver under pressure of deadlines.
- Proactive and target oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Responsible, reliable and must have the ability to take ownership.
Interested parties to send a CV to email@example.com by Monday 11 th December 2023.