Anderson Engineering has a vacancy for a SENIOR BUYER
- The Senior Buyer is primarily responsible for the purchasing of components, goods, materials and services from both local and overseas supplier
- Provide a strategic, efficient procurement service which will deliver value for money, cost savings and best quality of product and service
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualification – Degree or national diploma in Supply chain /procurement will be advantageous.
- Previous experience and a proven track record as a Senior Buyer
- Computer literacy (MS Office) is essential. MS Excel advanced user is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work independently with attention to detail
- Ability to organise workload, adapt quickly to change and be able to deliver under pressure of deadlines
- Ability to negotiate is critical as performance criteria will be based on this
- Shows openness and honesty in all dealings
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with predetermined costs, quality and delivery targets
- Assist in selecting suppliers and contractors in order to promote good procurement practice having due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and costing
- Evaluate suppliers based on service level agreements and report on this. Where necessary improve supplier performance to the appropriate service level agreement
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures and ISO compliance during supplier negotiations
- Work with design and production to determine procurement needs, quality and delivery requirements
- Responsible for order placement, aligning supply and demand and ensuring stock levels in stores are replenished.
- Control and monitor purchasing according to budgets for each project
- Develop sourcing strategies
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Investigate cost saving methods without compromising on quality and availability of material.
- Continuously improving cost, lead time, working capital and payment terms
- Initiate and keep track of orders
- Responsible for annual and ongoing price negotiations.
- Communicate and resolve material or product non-conformances.
- Resolve any accounts payable invoicing issues, related to supply chain.
- Monitor customer order shipment requirements on a weekly basis to assure those commitments are met.
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and other schedules.
- Ensure Suppliers are aware of all material heat numbers and certificates.
Applications to be submitted to email@example.com no later than Thursday, the 28th of March 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.